Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The last of the barbarian Poker



Belek - "I do not care if he is 36 or 32. The performance is there, it is important for the team, helping the young players, has rediscovered his goal threat. What I like best would be a 29-year-old Barbarez, but even so, I would be delighted if he was still dranhängt one years with us. "
At the beginning of the new season, Sergei Barbarez already 37 years old, but this is Michael Skibbe whatever - are off to the Bayer coach, is the oldest after Michael Tarnat (38) field players in the Bundesliga as soon renew his contract runs out at the end of the season.
And I will also remain essentially Barbarez itself: "At the moment, everything fits, I am very pleased with how it runs here, we'll talk after the training camp - watching time, what comes out."
Bayer wants Barbarez wants - actually sounds quite simple. But it would once again go around the love of money. Barbarez currently earns an estimated 2.5 million euros a year - are the Bayer bosses soon one 37-year-olds no longer offer.
He insists, however, have other priorities: "It will not be about money. I want to know what role I should play here again next year. I will not be Notnagel. I demand of myself a high level of performance has to be right. We'll see what I wish for and what comes out. "
Come out what he wants, he still wants to commute one years: "Of course I would prefer every day in Hamburg with my family. But I feel the way it is now running really well in Leverkusen. In the team's true with the guys you can really have fun, and the coach gives me the freedom to buy a weekly, be two days in Hamburg, because he knows how important it is to me - and I am grateful to him. "
Next week will be negotiated - perhaps the last great poker in the active career of Sergei Barbarez running.